Here’s a pretty mind-blowing combination of art and technology.
Using highly precise light projectors, a person’s face can be make to look like it’s being altered in real-time through “Projection-mapping.”
Projection-mapping is the art of focusing light onto an object to give it the illusion of movement and depth.
It can be tough to explain, but an easy way to think about it is to remember what it looks like when someone walks in front of a projector during a movie or presentation.
Besides throwing up a hand to shield their eyes, you momentarily see their face covered by a blurry version of whatever is supposed to be on the screen.
Now imagine if that projector could track a person’s face and cast extremely focused light onto them to change their appearance.
That’s exactly what happens in Nobumichi Asai’s new projection mapping demo, which shows how a model’s face can be transformed using the technology. We first saw the video over at The Verge.
First, the dimensions and contours of the model’s face are scanned into the system. The model wears those tiny dots to allow the system to track her exact movements and position.
Watch the video:
she put up a video of her telling miyah that she thinks she’s very pretty without the wig too and that playing dress up is fun but to promise to stay in school
Stories you won’t see in the media
#nicki is so protective of young girls#this needs to be underlined more#also she gives them edited versions of her albums#magical girls protect other girls#bless nicki
You can hate someone’s music and love them as a person. This is one of those cases for me.
I didn’t realize turning your significant other into a vampire was part of the criteria
It’s not. Here’s the criteria according to The National Domestic Abuse Hotline:
Does your partner ever….
> Embarrass you with put-downs?
> Control what you do, who you see or talk to or where you go?
> Look at you or act in ways that scare you?
> Push you, slap you, choke you or hit you?
> Stop you from seeing your friends or family members?
> Control the money in the relationship?
> Make all of the decisions?
> Tell you that you’re a bad parent or threaten to take away your children?
> Prevent you from working or attending school?
> Act like the abuse is no big deal, deny the abuse or tell you it’s your fault?
> Destroy your property or threaten to kill your pets?
> Intimidate you with guns, knives or other weapons?
> Attempt to force you to drop criminal charges?
> Threaten to commit suicide, or threaten to kill you?
Why doesn’t this have a million notes?!
i love how the “did you drug them” has a little pit stop at “you’re evil”
As well it should.
I’ve reblogged this before but Imma do it again because a)it’s awesome and b) I have a specific voice when I say “Do not do the sex”.
This needs to be on a billboard and posters all around the world. Maybe even on menus are restaurants
Needs to be in bars
so im shopping for make up for the girlfriend bc valentines day and holy fuck how do you girls afford this shit
$80 for eye shadow???
is it made out of unicorn shit
what is naked 3
why is it called naked
will it make her look naked
why is it $50
that’s 50 cheese burgers
i can’t deal with make up good bye
- Plays: 9,472
- Track Name: Bucky says "Fight back" during the final fight
Between punches, Bucky tells Steve to ‘Fight back”.
Listen closely at 00.05 and you’ll hear it. Just.
(Thanks to amuseoffyre)
my god, if the movie wasn’t heartbreaking enough as it is
The True Trayvon Martin
- He didn’t eat pork bc his father didn’t. Once his uncle fixed pork chops; they smelled so good,he called them “beef chops” & ate 1. #Trayvon
- He was passionate about aviation. #Trayvon
- When he volunteered at a soup kitchen for. The first time, he was astounded by the US hunger crisis. #Trayvon
- He loved his little cousins birthday parties. Even as a teen, he wasn’t too cool for Chuck E. Cheese. #Trayvon
- He was modest about saving his father from dying in a house fire. His father called him his best friend bc of it. #Trayvon
- Hoodies made *him* feel safe. Like so many teens (and adults), he wore them as a protective shell, a security garment. #Trayvon
- He called his dad, “My ol’ boy.” Lord, how he loved his dad. #Trayvon
- When folks wanted to tease him, they said, “Boy, you too skinny to take a breath.” And he’d just smile. #Trayvon
- If he wanted to hang out with his cousins and they had chores, he helped so they could finish faster. #Trayvon
- His uncle said they never had to ask him to do something twice. #Trayvon
- At 17, he was still into BMX bikes. He could cat-walk wheelie. #Trayvon
- The tattoo on his wrist read, “Sybrina.” #Trayvon
- The tattoo on his chest read, “Cora” — his grandmother’s name. #Trayvon
- I’m going to stop here. But just claim one of these memories I tweeted. Carry part of this boy with you, write him on your heart. #Trayvon
- Write the beautiful details of all the black children you meet on your heart. That’s where they’ll be safest. #Trayvon
- I feel like this stuff is important. #Trayvon
All facts about Trayvon are from this Esquire article.
I will never forget Trayvon. Never.